Wednesday 28 October 2020

 The Phenomenon by James Fox 
Review by Louise D'Arcy



What do we actually know about the world around us?  We generally go about our day acting out the same narratives and routine as we are accustomed to - work, eat, sleep and repeat, but do most of us stop to wonder anymore?  We are so wrapped up in our own world or those around us (thanks to social media), that we are oblivious to things that might be out there or... perhaps... here?  Feeling almost thankful that I was a child of the 80's before all the technology took over every aspect of our existence, I remember a simpler time, a time where the sense of wonder was always there.  Thanks in part to movies like Star Wars, Cocoon and E.T. the notion of alien beings or a world beyond our own was a fun curiosity that I would from time to time would entertain, but as I grew older this faded as other hobbies like music became more important.   Other than visiting the Kennedy Space Centre in 2003 on an American holiday  I didn't really give space or life from other planets much thought at all.  This all changed a few years ago though when I came across Coast to Coast AM and I took a deep dive down the rabbit hole of the paranormal and everything in between. Having come across this late night American radio podcast I thought I hit the jackpot, here was a show with all the things I was into like the Paranormal, NDE's, Psychic Phenomenon, Divine Intervention etc.  One night by chance I stumbled upon an interview with the Blink 182 lead singer Tom Delonge, in the interview he spoke about secret talks with secret people regarding UFO's and the future plans of a slow disclosure,  Having basically hung off every word he said for over two hours,  I was quite literally hooked!!  

I started listening to other podcasts, seeking out You Tube clips, anything about the subject I could listen to or read up on.  Some things were too far fetched to stomach and others were just anecdotal with no witnesses to back the stories up.  One day in my searching I stumbled across  'I Know What I Saw' a movie on You Tube by James Fox.  This movie had interviews with credible witnesses from both the military in America and around the world.  The film also investigated a mass sighting in Phoenix Arizona in 1997 called the 'Phoenix Lights'. This mass sighting was seen by countless witnesses  and caught the attention of news stations and even government officials, who at first denied legitimacy of the sightings only to go on the record later and admit that they lied.


Years past and I heard rumours online that James Fox was making a new film called 701, he even came to Australia and pleaded on prime time TV to Australian audiences that if anyone had more information about a little known mass sighting that happened in 1966 at Westall School in Melbourne to get in touch.  I couldn't believe it, a mass sighting here, in Australia?!




There was a lot of anticipation from fans and UFO enthusiasts but it seemed there was some hold up on the production of the film so the wait continued.  Fast forward to 2019 and it was full steam ahead on the film with a new title, a trailer and talks of a cinematic release.  Although COVID 19 definitely dampened what would have been a huge roll out to cinemas, 'The Phenomenon' was well worth the wait.

'The Phenomenon' is a history lesson in ufology; a well researched, factual, evidence based documentary that highlights both the well and not so well known UFO cases from around the world.  The film doesn't lend itself to speculation but grounds itself in facts backed up by Government Officials, Airforce and Navy Pilots, Apollo Astronauts and even a President or two.

For me personally, I found that I was struck by the genuine and sincere accounts from experiencers of the mass school sightings in both Zimbabwe and Australia that this film highlighted.  How these events didn't reach world wide attention then and are still virtually unknown by the general public now, I'll never understand!  What is more important then the nature of our reality and what lies beyond it?!

I would implore even the hardest sceptic to watch 'The Phenomenon' and honestly walk away unaffected.  In the words of Chris Mellon (Fmr Deputy Asst. Sec. of Defence for Intelligence) "These things are real, they're here. this is happening now!"  You think 2020 is crazy? Well, I have a feeling, you aint seen nothing yet!!



No comments:

Post a Comment